Kineo Courses playlist... your best compliance courses of 2019
Nurture Marketing Specialist at Kineo APAC
Here’s our top 5 workplace compliance elearning courses from 2019... and why.
Thank you for your dedication to building awareness across your organisation to prevent accidents, injury and to improve your employee engagement. Let’s continue to protect our people, supporting them in their learning journeys in 2020 and further enrich workplace culture for the betterment of our workplace wellness and better business impact.
If you are reading this and are wondering if compliance training training applies to you and your organisation, understanding the impact of non- compliance will help.
Safe Work Australia presents some key data on bullying and violence in Australian workplaces that demonstrates the connection between harassment, bullying and violence statistics speak for themselves:
- One in three women who claim for a mental disorder stated it involved harassment or bullying
- One in five men who claim for a mental disorder stated it involved harassment or bullying
- Workers who report being sworn or yelled at in the workplace: 37%
- Almost 20% of workers say they have experienced discomfort due to sexual humour
This ‘ethics and conduct’ compliance course has been co-created with subject matter expert Thomson Geer, designed to provide employees with an understanding about bullying and harassment in the workplace, the type of behaviour that should be avoided and what employees can do if bullying or harassment is occurring in their workplace. This course will equip the learner with what to do if they or their co-workers are receiving ill-intentioned or inappropriate attention.
Hand hygiene is a standard precaution against healthcare associated infections, used in all healthcare facilities. The likelihood of somebody becoming infected is drastically reduced when people perform hand hygiene correctly and at the right times.
The course informs all staff that work in a health care setting to provide an understanding of the role hand hygiene plays in preventing and controlling infection, how to perform hand hygiene according to the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines, when to use alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) or soap and water, and when hand hygiene is necessary. In the article ‘Clean Care is Safer Car’ WHO tackles FAQs around the evidence for hand hygiene guidelines, underlying health care associated infection (HAI) cases that exceed 1.4 million at any given time.
This course developed with industry and subject expert, Greencap provides an understanding of health and safety responsibilities in the workplace. Learners will understand how risk is managed in the workplace using the risk management process, and what to expect to find in the workplace to help individuals to work safely.
Covering health and safety responsibilities in the workplace, learners develop a heightened awareness about:
- How risk is managed in the workplace using the risk management process
- Some common workplace hazards, and
- Steps that can be taken to reduce the risks associated with these hazards
Chubb has helped us to co-create this course to provide an understanding of why evacuations take place, what occurs during an emergency and the responsibility of the learner with an evacuation situation.
Learning outcomes cover:
- What an emergency is and the need for emergency preparedness training
- Some of the emergency prevention and preparation strategies used
- Roles during an emergency
- Emergency protection systems and emergency warning systems
- How to respond to an emergency, and
- Actions to take during an emergency
Frontline Care Solutions has provided their expertise to help us create this course. Designed for professionals who provide care to older people, learners will gain skills that will help them identify, respond and report on the abuse of older people who are in a care relationship. Providing a background to the definitions and prevalence of abuse of older people in Australia, the course also covers:
- Types of abuse most commonly experienced by older people
- Requirements for the reporting of abuse of an older person in your care
- Roles and responsibilities of staff around the abuse of a person
- Barriers to staff reporting suspected and actual abuse, and
- Actions to take if there is imminent threat to an older person
Kineo’s library of workplace learning is both diverse and extensive. If you don’t find what you are looking for, get in touch and tell us what you’d like us to add. Kineo strives to remain ahead of the curve for what modern workplaces need to be safe, compliant and professionally enriched. We do this in conjunction with our industry partners, subject experts and through you.